Cloud Monitoring Services – Strategy, Solutions & Checklist
Monitoring & Governance
Keeping a proactively healthy cloud environment is never an easy task. In fact, it is an on-going battle against outages, security threats, broken systems, and random acts of IT failures. Organizations need to make cloud monitoring a priority and plan for tools and platforms that offer visibility to security, performance, and reliability.
A Cloud Monitoring Strategy is divided between Infrastructure Management and Configuration Management, and typically involves:
- Utilization of manual or automation techniques to monitor the performance of applications, servers etc.
- Assessment and evaluation of resource utilization, server response times, availability and operating speeds to ensure possible issues are addressed well in advance.
Cloud monitoring can perform the following capabilities:
- Monitoring cloud data across distributed locations
- Eliminating potential breaches by providing visibility into files, applications, and users
- Continually monitoring the cloud to ensure real-time file scans
- Regular auditing and reporting to ensure security standards
- Merging monitoring tools with different cloud providers
Cloud Services You Should Monitor
While many organizations choose cloud monitoring to support and manage public clouds like AWS or Azure, there are different cloud services that may also benefit from monitoring. And while the following services could be monitored through application monitoring tools and services, cloud monitoring provides deeper insights and protection.
Below is a list of cloud services to include in a cloud monitoring checklist:
- SaaS solutions like Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- PaaS solutions like Microsoft SQL.
- IaaS servers hosted by public cloud providers.
- FaaS serverless apps.
- App hosting for services like Heroku.
At Codea we monitor every aspect of your cloud platform and our platform is designed to control and monitor very specific elements in your cloud like application performance, database health, and network data flow. We Utilize automation and proactive remediation services wherever possible. We set good access control policies and always monitor security access. Not all workloads, apps, or data sets are alike; we make sure to create appropriate monitoring profiles as needed.
CLOUD SERVICE LEVEL MANAGEMENT
Identify key metrics and events, Monitor the metrics that matter, Trigger rules with data & SLA reporting.
ONE UNIFIED PLATFORM
Hybrid IT Monitoring & Management, Unified Infrastructure Management, Uniform metrics.
Develop SOPs, periodic reviews and service improve plans.
GLOBAL SERVICE DESK
Incident, Change and Problem Management. Unified Collaborative Self-service. Improved IT Asset Productivity.
For more details
Get in Touch
or Call us on +1 669 201 1194, +1 516 395 2338